- Basmeh & Zeitooneh was launched in September 2012 with field visits to areas with
high concentrations of the most marginalized Syrian refugees.
- The main goal of these visits was to assess their needs and fill the gaps left by other
- In 2014, B&Z became an officially registered NGO in Lebanon. In 2015 B&Z Turkey.
- B&Z now serves an estimated 20,000 Syrian individuals in Beirut alone and has 250
- 6 community centers, in each of Shatila, Burj Al Barajneh, Nabaa, Tripoli and the
Bekaa Valley. In Syria, 2 community centers, Ma’rrat No’man and Ma’rrat Masrin.
- B&Z decided to launch a series of developmental projects among displaced Syrians to
help them build their capacities, for them to lead constructive lives.
A constructive society that lives with dignity.
A non-governmental organization that works amongst the most vulnerable and marginalized groups to fill
the gaps in assistance, and to respond to the most urgent relief and developmental needs, with the goal of
empowering individuals so that they may contribute to the advancement of society.
- Non formal Education
- Arts and Culture Center
- Vocational Training
- Information Hub
- Peace Education
- Future Together Now
- Women’s Workshop
- Small Grants
- Community Renovation
- Shelter Renovation
Emergency Relief Sector: