- Emissa is a humanitarian organization, founded and established in the Syrian city of Homs, 2012.
- Today, we are a team of about 157 people, unified by a common belief in human dignity, peace and sustainable development.
- We empower communities and thereby contribute to an environment where civilians affected by war can gain back some of their dignity and rights.
- We help communities to rebuild their lives themselves and support them with expertise and capacity building as well as access to education, vocational training and to the labor market.
Integrity and Credibility
We envision unified, self-reliant and resilient communities, living in dignity and protected by a rights-promoting civil society.
To implement inclusive and community-based projects, alleviating the suffering and improving the lives of civilians in a sustainable manner.
engage all people – regardless of their age, gender or religion – in constructive economical participation within their communities, help building bridges between the communities
- Food Security and Livelihood (livestock & agriculture projects, micro grants, income generating activities, and vocational training).
- Education and Community Empowerment (formal and non-formal education, PSS, risk education, health awareness, life skills and citizenship activities).
- Health (primary and secondary healthcare, physiotherapy).
- WASH (waste management, rehabilitation activities, hygiene kits).
- Shelter and NFI (camp establishment, rehabilitation activities).
- Emergency and Relief (NFI, food kits, winterization, shelter).